Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cooking Radishes?

They say you learn something new every day, well I learned something new today!
I bought radishes to use in salads. Well I used the other salad ingredients and still had several radishes left. I didn't know what to do with them as I'm not fond of radishes on their own. Cowboy suggested stirfrying them, I'd never heard of cooking radishes but Cowboy generally has good advice wherever he gives it!
So I did some googling for recipes and found this blog : http://www.cleancuisineandmore.com/how-to-cook-radishes/
Now I can't say I exactly FOLLOWED her recipe... more used it as a suggestion.
I sliced the radishes and threw them in the pan with peanut oil. I added some minced garlic, chopped an onion and fried it all up. Once the radishes and onions were soft I added the rice and corn that I had cooked separately. (I find the rice tastes better if I cook veggies with it)

If I do this again I probably would pepper it a bit, maybe use Olive oil rather than peanut maybe play with spices a bit as the radishes cook down to more of a sweet taste than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment