Monday, February 16, 2015

I Needed To Be Spoonfed

I was tired this morning. Lil Buckaroo kept us up most of the night, and then spent most of the morning demanding to be held. Cowboy was able to occupy him for a bit before going to work and I slept then (which I SO appreciate! ) but I was still tired. With that tiredness came frustration. I have piles of laundry and counters of dishes that need doing, and its hard to do those when you're holding a complaining infant!

At some point this morning I posted this in my mommy group on Facebook :


I got some really good replies that I'll share in a bit, but of course those replies weren't instantaneous. I scrolled my newsfeed for a bit to see if I'd get replies and saw this:

from Smithspirations (by the way, if you're on Facebook I highly recommend that you follow her, I've been blessed many times by her daily scripture passage and old hymn!) There were some really good comments there.

I was still needing a boost so I headed for Google.
I'm sure you've noticed I didn't head straight for my Bible. I thought of it, but didn't know where to start, I wanted a list of encouraging passages, and my Bible doesn't have a book entitled "Encouragement for tired mothers" LOL
So I went to Google. I typed in "Scriptures for tired mothers, kjv" and came up with a list of blogs. One of the first in the list was MY JOY FILLED LIFE where I found this post

(I received all 20 cards, along with others, as a thankyou for subscribing to their email list)

I read through these passages, drinking them in, and then my favorite scripture started running through my head:
Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

I needed to be spoonfed this morning. I didn't have the mental energy to go searching the Scriptures for encouragement but I knew Scripture was what I needed. I needed to be spoonfed and My Father supplied my needs.

Scriptures from my mommy group:




What's YOUR favorite passage when you're feeling tired and need encouragement?


No comments:

Post a Comment